|Medical Benefits >>||For Staff >> Outside Panel Doctors Scheme|
Information on this webpage is provided by the Human Resources Office.
For enquiries, please contact the Human Resources Office. Email: email@example.com
Outside Panel Doctors
- The University provides an Outside Panel Doctors Scheme (the “Scheme”) to all full-time appointees on
fixed-term contracts, probationary / substantive / tenure terms of appointment and full-time appointees on
temporary contracts who have been continuously employed for one year or more. At the subsidy of the
University, the Scheme offers an additional primary care service complementary to that of the University
Health Service (UHS).
Eligibility and Coverage
- The following three outside panel doctors are appointed to provide general medical consultation to
(a) UMP Professional Management Ltd. (UMP);
(b) Healthcare Medical & Paramedical Services Operations (HK) Ltd. (HC); and
(c) Quality HealthCare Medical Services Ltd. (QHMS).
- The Scheme is open to all full-time appointees on fixed-term contracts, probationary/substantive/tenure terms
of appointment and full-time appointees on temporary contracts who have been continously employed for one
year or more, and their eligible dependants. Temporary appointees with less than one year’s continuous service
and part-time appointees are not included in this Scheme. They are, however, eligible for primary care service
provided by the UHS.
- Appointees who would like to use this Scheme should make a medical appointment directly with the Clinics
under paragraph 2 above. Appointees should present their HKU Staff Card for identification whereas their eligible
dependants should quote the apointee’s staff number and produce valid identification document, e.g. HKID card.
Users of this Scheme are required to pay a fixed fee (please refer to the table below), directly to the clinics, for
each medical consultation (which includes 3 days basic medications). All other charges such as laboratory
investigations, x-rays or additional drugs are to be borne by users.
The fee payable by users for each consultation:
|Outside Panel Doctors||Fixed fee paid by user|
|Clinics under Healthcare Medical and Paramedical Service Operations (HK) Ltd.||$50|
|Clinics under UMP Professional Management Ltd.||$55|
|Clinics under Quality Health Care Medical Services Ltd.||$60|
- The list of doctors of UMP, HC and QHMS are listed below:
|Outside Panel Doctors||Enquiry Hotline||Website||List|
|UMP Professional Management Ltd.||2824 0231|
8208 9208 (emergency)
|Healthcare Medical and Paramedical Service Operations (HK) Ltd.||3161 3333||http://www.healthcare2u.com|
|Quality Health Care Medical Services Ltd.||8301 8301|
(24 hours hotline)
Users are advised to check with the providers for the updated doctors list prior to making the consultation appointment.
- The outside panel does not cover Discovery Bay. Eligible staff and dependants residing in Discovery Bay will be reimbursed up to $100 for each medical consultation made at the registered medical clinics in Discovery Bay. The reimbursement form can be downloaded at
Specialist Consultations and Referrals
- The outside panel doctors will not provide specialist consultation to University appointees. They may refer users directly to the appropriate public specialist clinics of the Government, or the Hospital Authority (HA) by providing a referral letter. Appointees who are eligible for private specialist consultation will be referred back to the UHS with a letter stating the reason for referral.
- Enquiries on the Outside Panel Doctors Scheme should be addressed to the Human Resources Office. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org